8 TIPS TO BECOME A FINISHER OF THE MONT BLANC ULTRA TRAILS IN FOUR MONTHS
Are you ready to run the Ultra Mont Blanc races? Follow the 8 tips to become an Ultra Trail Finisher in 4 months!
You only have 4 months to prepare yourself and run some intermediate races to test your training level, gear and nutrition strategy.
4 months are not a lot, but they can by sufficient to face the race with a competitive spirit if you optimize the preparation and training sessions
It’s time to invest in training: science and discipline are a must.
Have you ever done it? Even if the answer is no, it doesn’t matter, there is always a first time!
The goal of this strange season, still affected by the restrictions and Pandemia situation, can just be to have fun and enjoy one of the most beautiful scenarios in the world … with safety and health conditions or, if you had the chance to train, you can try to reward youself with a Personal Best.
Here are the 8 TRM Coaches tips for becoming a Mont Blanc Ultra Trail Finisher in 2021.
In the few months left before the event organize yourself in this way:
- Choose a “personalized” training plan. You could shorten the time and improve performance by 10-15% (TRM Training Plan)and if you started late your preparation, the coaches will be able to help you to find the best possible solution to cross the finish line. They will build the perfect program for you
- Focus on endurance training sessions that favor the ability to manage important D+ and D- on mountain single tracks. Especially if you started late the preparation for your ultra trail, it is better to accumulate volume (kilometers) at low intensity , alternating run-walking, rather than perform other quality sessions (reps on flat, undulating, uphill terrain/ progressive runs/ etc). However, include 2 sessions per week of general strengthening and proprioceptive exercises
- Identify realistic chronometric goals on which to build your race strategy (TRM Race Strategy)
- Organize multi-day training sessions to “accumulate” kilometers on your legs. Schedule 1 weekend a month in which to perform long runs over several days (Fri-Sat-Sun) or (Sat-Sun), also including night run sessions
- Quickly improve the running technique using trail running poles to push harder during the uphill sectio nand have more balance on the descent, especially in case of bad weather
- Reduce bodyweight by optimizing the lean/fat mass ratio (TRM Nutrition Plan)
- Test your preparation in real situations similar to the race (TRM Camp Mont Blanc)
- Keep high motivation, concentration and discipline in training.
TRM can support and help you to become an Ultra Mont Blanc Finisher with many tools, primarily:
- TRM Athlete Potential Analysis to understand where you are with your preparation and what you can do. Info here: TRM Potential Analysis
- TRM Training Plan 45, 80, 167km UTMB. Personalized plans built exclusively on your psycho-physical characteristics by Certified Coaches who will follow you along your path. Info here: TRM Training Plan
- TRM Trail Running Camp Mont Blanc, from Thursday 5th of August to Sunday 8th of August 2021, 4 days (167km) or 2 days (90km) on the race track with arrival in Chamonix. Full immersion in running techniques, nutrition, race management with Certified Coaches and International Athletes. Info here: TRM Mont Blanc Camp
Good to Know: if you participates in the 4 days Camp you will receive, in addition to the TRM Buff, also the TRM Race Strategy Mont Blanc Plan, the personalized race strategy. Info here: Ultra Trail Mont Blanc Race Strategy
What are you waiting for? Make your choice and prepare at your BEST!
We are waiting for you. Write to us at info@trailrunningmovement and book for a telephone appointment with a TRM Coach
Digital Strategic Marketing Director – certified Innovation Manager – in multinational companies, she is still today the only Italian female athlete to have ran 900 km and 55,000m D+ in the mountains in a single stage race (Transpyrenea 2016, 3rd women overall). She counts numerous Podiums and international Victories on races over 100k. She holds a SNaQ CONI certification as a Trail Running Coach, Athletic Trainer and in Nutrition and Sports Supplementation. Since 2014 she is President and sports executive of innovative technology startups and companies, including Trail Running Movement and Digital Sport 360. She trains elite trail running athletes and she teaches in trail running coach certification courses. She is an author of sports articles on training, nutrition and supplementation in trail running and running, both in Italian and in English and Spanish. She manages relationships and collaborations with Federations and Race Organizers.
allenatori trail running, ccc, endurance training, gare qualificanti utmb, running coaches, tds, trail running, trail running camps, TRAIL RUNNING COACHES, ultra trail du mont blanc, Ultra Trail Mont Blanc, UTMB, UTMB Tips