HOW TO CHECK IF IT IS TIME TO CHANGE YOUR RUNNING SHOES
Running shoes are the winning weapon for a trail running or mountain running athlete. They must support her or him to “grind” kilometers in complete safety. The first concern of a trail runner or mountain running athlete, therefore, must be the good condition of the shoes that will guarantee performance in the race and protection from injuries.
Dean Karnazes, very famous ultra runner, recently said: “Do you want a strong and solid relationship that takes you far? Get to know your running shoes ”!
Do you really know all about your running shoes? Can you recognize if the time has come to change your running shoes?
Here are the 5 Tests that tell you it’s time to replace your running shoes:
- Mileage. After 600km it’s time to change them even if they look perfect on the outside. When competing remember to use shoes with no more than 100km
- Cracks or major streaks in the midsole. The presence highlights that the shoe has lost its cushioning properties
- View from behind. Place the shoes on a table and look at them from the heel side. If they hang on one side, the sole gives way, it means that they are in an advanced state of wear, at least on one side, and they might affect your running biomechanics
- Broken slabs. It’s not always synonymous of a worn shoe but you need to check the insole. Take it out and look at it underneath. If in some areas it is very worn, it is still a sign of loss of its technical properties
- “Strange” and new muscles pains. One day, suddenly and unexpectedly, “strange” pains begin to appear in the heel, tarsus, knee or various muscle groups. Worn shoes are often the main cause of these pains. First of all, it is related with the loss of cushioning that no longer protects the limbs from impact with the ground.
Have you found that your shoes show signs of wear? Prioritize buying a new pair!
If you are a trail runner who prefers online purchases and looks for quality / price ratio, you can evaluate this excellent solution:
This shoe, worn by the Oman UTMB winner and tested by the TRM Coaches and CimAlp Testers in 2020, will allow you to restart your training in the best possible way, thanks also to the interchangeable insoles with differentiated drop of 4, 6, 8 millimeters. A unique innovation on the market!
Digital Strategic Marketing Director – certified Innovation Manager – in multinational companies, she is still today the only Italian female athlete to have ran 900 km and 55,000m D+ in the mountains in a single stage race (Transpyrenea 2016, 3rd women overall). She counts numerous Podiums and international Victories on races over 100k. She holds a SNaQ CONI certification as a Trail Running Coach, Athletic Trainer and in Nutrition and Sports Supplementation. Since 2014 she is President and sports executive of innovative technology startups and companies, including Trail Running Movement and Digital Sport 360. She trains elite trail running athletes and she teaches in trail running coach certification courses. She is an author of sports articles on training, nutrition and supplementation in trail running and running, both in Italian and in English and Spanish. She manages relationships and collaborations with Federations and Race Organizers.
best trail running shoes, cimalp trail running shoes, how to buy trail running shoes, running shoes, tips trail running shoes, trail running gear, trail running products, trail running shoes, trail running shoes tips, worn running shoes